This policy outlines how we manage your privacy when interacting with us.
What we believe
Illuminate Adelaide Foundation Ltd (Illuminate Adelaide) believes that everyone has a right to understand how their Personal Information is used, and how businesses that they interact with protect their privacy. Whilst we are not technically covered by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we are committed to dealing with your Personal Information in a respectful and appropriate way.
This policy outlines how we at Illuminate Adelaide manage your Personal Information and protect your privacy.
We don't like complicated and hard-to-read policies, so we've written ours in simple language and in a way that's easy to understand. We believe control over your data should remain in your hands, so we’ve included additional information on managing your privacy and data online. This information can be used in the context of this policy but also extends to managing your interactions with others online.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or read on for more information.
Does this policy apply to you?
If you’re on this website – yes! This policy applies to anyone using our website (in addition to our Website Terms of Service and Cookies Policy). It also applies to anyone who might contact us via any other means, provide us with their Personal Information for any reason, or attends one of our events.
If you do not agree to us handling your personal information in the manner set out in this Policy you should cease providing us with your Personal Information immediately.
While we’ve tried to make this policy as clear as possible, it’s helpful to know exactly what we mean when we use the following terms.
Illuminate Adelaide: means Illuminate Adelaide Foundation Ltd. ABN 67 639 517 838
We, Our or Us: Illuminate Adelaide
You or Your: the person reading this policy.
Cookie: No, not the chocolate-chip kind. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on a user’s computer by the user’s web browser. You may sometimes hear these referred to as web cookies, Internet cookies, HTTP cookies or browser cookies.
Personal Information: Personal Information is information or an opinion that either identifies you or that someone could identify you from - either because they know things about you already, or because it is possible to piece your identity together when combining several pieces of information together.
Consent: Your permission. This can either be expressed or implied. Expressed consent may be written or verbal. An example of expressed consent is opting in to receive email marketing from us via our website. Implied consent is where we can reasonably form the view that you have given consent by taking a certain action. An example of implied consent is that by purchasing tickets to one of our events after our terms and conditions have been made available to you, you have implied that you consent to us contacting you in relation to this event.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect information about you to allow us to provide you with products, services, information and marketing materials.
We also use the information for internal business planning, administration and strategy purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information both from you directly, and from third parties we work with (such as ticketing companies, venues we work with and publicly available sources).
We may collect personal information when you interact with us (either directly or through a third party) in a range of ways. This includes, but is not limited to:
- When you purchase tickets to, or register for our events
- When you interact with our suppliers and service providers in relation to our events
- When you attend our events
- When you contact us in person, via phone, mail, email or online
- When you subscribe to receive communications from us
- When you interact with our websites (see our Website Terms of Service)
- When you interact with us by emails or on our social media accounts
- When you tag us in social media posts
- When you enter a promotion or competition either directly with us or via a third party related to our events
- When you participate in one of our events as an artist or service provider
- When you supply, or offer to supply, us with goods or services
- When you apply to work with us, either as a volunteer or as an employee.
What Personal Information might we collect?
We may collect the following information during your interactions with us:
- Your name and contact details
- Information about your interactions with us, our suppliers and third party partners
- Events that you have attended with us
- Information about products and services you supply to us, or we supply to you
- Information about artwork or contributions you make to our events
- Your employment or volunteering history (if you have applied to work with us)
- Your opt-in preferences for communications
- Information about your use of our website
- Information arising from any competition or promotion you have entered related to our events
- Other information required for us to run our events and comply with Government regulations
Do I have to provide my Personal Information?
We respect your right to anonymity or to deal with us using a pseudonym. Still, there are certain cases where we require your Personal Information in order to perform a certain action or undertake a certain request. This may include processing a ticket purchase, registration to one of our events, complying with legislative requirements for our events or assisting you with an existing booking. In these and similar situations, a refusal to provide your Personal Information may mean we are unable to assist with your request.
How do we store Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect all information that we hold, including Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. In General, we store our hard-copy records in Australia, whilst our online records are stored in Australia and overseas data centres.
When we use third-party tools, such as DropBox, JotForm, WordFly, Facebook, Google Analytics, Office 365, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp or similar, your data may be stored according to those third-party services’ terms and conditions. We make reasonable enquiries of our third-party service providers to ensure that they have committed to keeping your Personal Information secure, but we do not have control over whether or not this actually happens.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information for any purpose where you have provided consent. This consent may be explicit or implied. This may include any of the following:
- To respond to you if you have contacted us
- To facilitate the running of our events
- To plan for future business growth and future events
- Internal administration and planning
- Resourcing and human resources
- Financial management and compliance
- Creating targeted campaigns to promote our events
- To ensure the safety of those attending our events
- Complying with government regulations (particularly to enable contact tracing)
- To contact you with information about an event which you are attending, including pre-event emails
- To provide you with information about a purchase
- To send you surveys about our events in order to better understand how we are doing and enhance our offering in the future
- For marketing purposes, as explained in further detail below
- Website and event analytics
Do we use your Personal Information for marketing?
Yes. We may use Personal Information provided to tell you things we think you might be interested in.
Examples where we may use your Personal Information for marketing purposes include:
If you’ve signed-up to receive emails from Illuminate Adelaide, we’ll use the email address you have provided us with to contact you. These emails may include information about our program, our partners, special offers; news, blog content or other information relevant to Illuminate Adelaide. It may also include information from third parties where we think this information is relevant to you. We may use information you’ve provided us – such as your location – or information based on your website behaviour or purchase history to decide what emails may be most relevant to you.
You can stop receiving email marketing at any time, by either clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in the footer of every email or contacting us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe, we won’t contact you with email marketing again unless you ask us to!
Email marketing is separate to non-promotional emails regarding events which you may be attending – either ticketed or not – which constitute required information which cannot be opted out of. Email marketing also sits separately to other types of non-promotional emails which may be required in certain circumstances.
Online Ad Campaigns
Do we share your Personal Information?
There are situations where we may need to share your Personal Information, including when working with our advertising agency, with a third party to capture or manage your personal information on our behalf or to run targeted online advertising on platforms such as Facebook and Google’s ad network.
Where this occurs, we do so only with trusted parties, for specific purposes and with controls in place to safeguard your security and privacy.
Unless you have expressed consent, we never share your Personal Information to a third-party for the purpose of being directly contacted by them other than in relation to one of our events. We do not sell your Personal Information.
We will also share your Personal Information where required by law, including for protecting the health and safety of our audiences, creators and staff.
Your privacy online
Privacy and data usage in the online space is highly discussed topic, and we believe it’s important for everyone to understand how their data is measured, tracked and used online.
Online data collection and use
When you visit our website, our web servers make a record of your visit and log information including:
- Your computer’s unique internet address
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages, media or documents you have accessed
- How you found our website (i.e. via search engine)
- The amount of time spent on our website
- The type of browser and operating system used
- Your geographic location, device used and visitation frequency
This information provides us with information about how our website is used. We may combine this information with other information provided to us to help us understand your preferences and interests. We may also use this information for marketing purposes.
- You can use your own browser settings to manage cookies. For a summary of how to do this on most major browsers, you can visit this article.
- To stop Google Analytics tracking your data, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- To manage ad settings across Google’s ad network, update your Ad Preferences.
- To change and limit how Facebook delivers ads you can update your Ad Preferences from within Facebook. Facebook’s ad network includes Instagram, so updating your Ad Preferences here will change your preferences across both platforms.
Can you update or access your Personal Information?
Of course. You can request access to Personal Information we hold about you at any time. You may also request it be removed or updated. Depending on your request, we may require proof of identity in order to access this information.
Any requests should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos and Video
Illuminate Adelaide may commission photographers and videographers to attend events, installations and activations in order to photograph or video the event, installation, activation and general environment. This will include images and footage of patrons and participants for the purpose of using them in our promotional or marketing material (including any publication) in the future.
In some circumstances, images or footage may constitute as personal information. The image or footage may be reproduced on our websites or reproduced in communications via hard or soft copy. The terms and conditions of all our events, installations and activations include the use of images and footage for these purposes. It should be noted that Illuminate Adelaide is not responsible for any activities of the media or other patrons in relation to the display or communication of any footage or images at any event or activation.
If you believe we have not acted in accordance with this policy let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Sometimes it’s necessary for us to update this policy and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If a change occurs, it will be updated here on our website.
Last updated 21 April 2022